26th July 2020
The re-introduction of Sunday Mass to St. Brigid's Parish
Over the last number of weeks, we have gradually and safely re-introduced public Mass to the Parish. At present we have Parish Mass on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 9.30am.
Now we are ready to begin to re-introduce Sunday Mass – although the Sunday obligation remains suspended. Next weekend, 1st and 2nd August, there will be TWO weekend Masses:
- The Vigil Mass at on Saturday at 6.00pm.
- Sunday Morning Mass at 9.30am. (Please note the time!)
This means we will, from next weekend, have one Mass each day in St. Brigid's: Sunday – Friday at 9.30am, and Saturday at 6.00pm. This gives parishioners the opportunity of attending Mass once in the week.
Some things to keep in mind:
- The seating capacity of the Church is 120;
- Observe social distancing and use the sanitizer at the Church Entrance;
- The Church doors are closed at one minute before Mass – the Church cannot be entered once Mass begins;
- Take a seat and remain there until the end of Mass; children must remain with their parents, and in the seat, at all times;
- Do not sit beside anyone who is not a member of your household;
- For those who wish to receive Holy Communion, remain in your seat and Holy Communion will be brought to you;
- Holy Communion is to be received in the hand;
- When leaving the Church follow the instructions and leave according to the indicated “One-way” system;
- Anyone with cold-like symptoms must not enter the Church;
- Those with under lying health issues are advised to remain at home;
- Toilet facilities are not available;