24.03.20 Directives from the Diocese of Down & ConnorCOVID-19 (Coronavirus)
12th March 2020
- DC Directives 24 03 20 Download
- 17 March 2020 Pastoral Letter from Bishop Noel Treanor Download
- COVID 19 Common questions Download
Due to the current pandemic, mass will be suspended from Wednesday 18th March, after St Patrick's Day.
The church will remain open for Funerals. Baptisms and Weddings Celebrations will be postponed until further notice (see directives 24.03.20).
St Brigid's will remain open to anyone wishing to privately pray.
Health Care Advice and Best Practice
In the light of advice from the Public Health Agency the Bishop has issued the following instruction for Parishes in Down and Connor:
- Suspend the Sign of Peace
- During Mass only the celebrant should receive from the Chalice
- Holy Communion should be administered into the hands only and NOT onto the tongue
- Holy Water fonts should be drained and not used
- The Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion should wash their hands with particular care before and after distributing Holy Communion
All parishioners are advised to take the usual and necessary precautions before attending regular services such as:
- Washing/sanitising hands before attending Mass
- Washing/sanitising hands after coughing/sneezing
- Coughing into the crook of the elbow and not into the palms of hands
- Use of disposable handkerchiefs